I met Cassie and Michael through Flytographer at their lovely session in the magical city of Cusco. We started really early and it was a bit cold. Well, a lot cold. But they were brave enough to just get rid of coats and starting rocking on the pictures.
A lot of people ask me what to wear in a photo session? Here my 5 tips for never go wrong with what you choose:
1. Keep it simple with colors. Try to use the same color Palette. What is a palette? It can refer to a range of colors. It can be monochromatic (using shades of the same color), accentuate one color from the others, or neutral colors that goes with all backgrounds. This is what I advise you to do: Put it all together on the bed and see if something does not belong.
2. Add layers, if it's cold using it to your favor. Add a jacket or a cardigan for more interesting looks.
3. Use props: sunglasses, purses, jewelry, and hats add a lot to your pictures. And also, it gives you something to play around and allows you to have different looks really easily.
4. I always recommend to use comfortable shoes, but in the case to want to use heels, bring an extra pair of flats just in case we need to walk from one location to the other.
5. Ask your photographer. A picture of the combination you have chosen before the session can give you the assurance before the session even started or maybe a few suggestions of the perfect prop to add to.
If you are a tourist and going to travel soon, don't forget that the best day for doing your photo session is at the beginning of your stay. You will receive a nice walking around the best areas, but also a lot of local advice to take advantage of the time you have. And of course, if you travel consider doing a Photoshoot with Flytographer. Let us Capture the Magic of Travel and with an amazing discount of USD 25 for reading this. Just use JOANNAP code at the Checkout.
This is what Cassie thought of their session.
"Joanna is the friendliest soul, and we loved following her bright smile around the beautiful city of Cusco! She had so many wonderful historical facts to share with us about our surroundings and she made us feel so comfortable in our photos. Thank you again for the wonderful experience!"
Thanks for the love Cassie!
And if you are visiting Lima while in Peru, I cannot recommend more VIPFLATMIRAFLORES, the best Airbnb in Lima, with a lot of options in Miraflores. Let them know you are coming from here and you will have a personal discount. They are running my apartment in Lima too now that I moved to Amsterdam and I know them personally for years.
Next week more tips & photos.
See you soon from the fairytale city of Amsterdam,
Joanna, your Amsterdam photographer