I feel entirely lucky to combine my passion for traveling with photography thanks to Flytographer, the amazing company I'm working with for 4 years already. This photo session was made in Cusco where I met Jeewon and Adam in my favorite area of the city.
San Blas is the neighborhood that starts at the back of the Cathedral. You fill find cobblestone paths going up the hill and sometimes could be a little hard to go up. But worth it.
My Top 5 places to go while in San Blas:
1. Touristic places: The 12 angle stone is something you will not want to miss. It's on every tourist guide and it's a plein sight on the street. If you are going on the right side of the Cathedral going up you will see a sign on the floor (it's a golden sign), it shows you the direction of the Antisuyo one of the regions of Tahuantinsuyo (Tahuan=4, suyo=region) or Inca Empire. If you are up to the challenge try to look for the other 3 around the city (I have only found 2 so far). There is also one showing the 4 directions.
2. Green Point: My favorite restaurant and also a really cheap one if you go for the menu. This restaurant has captivated vegetarians and no vegetarians because it's really a gem with affordable prices. Look for it and enjoy lunch or dinner, but if you go for the menu, be early and ready to enjoy a lot of food for a little price.
3. Limbus Restobar: Amazing view, incredible food, and surprising drinks. The best combination possible, right? Be aware that you need to climb some stairs to get there and going down back could be challenging with too many drinks. But despite that it is amazing! Try Miss Amsterdam (presentation is incredible), Mule, Capitan and there is a shot that I can remember the name. One little thing to note, outside after dark it's freezing!!! Use warm clothes if you are planning to stay, but they give you blankets anyway.
4. Crepería & Backpacker La Bo'M: From my point of view, one of the best crepes in the area, amazing place to stay for a while too. People running the place is amazing and makes it a really friendly place too.
5. Cusco and mostly the center of Cusco (because the city itself is huge, but I bet you will stay at center) can be an expensive place. If you have the chance for having an Airbnb or a place to cook, try to go to San Blas Market which is just around the corner of Green Point.
One extra: My favorite boutique shop there is http://hilocusco.com/. One of the best scarfs I bought ever was here and I loved it (lost it in Lima some weeks before coming to Amsterdam. So sad about that).
If you are a tourist and going to travel soon, don't forget that the best day for doing your photo session is at the beginning of your stay. You will receive a nice walking around the best areas, but also a lot of local advice to take advantage of the time you have. And of course, if you travel consider doing a Photoshoot with Flytographer. Let us Capture the Magic of Travel and with an amazing discount of USD 25 for reading this. Just use JOANNAP code at the Checkout.
Next week more tips & photos.
See you soon from the fairytale city of Amsterdam,
Joanna, your Amsterdam photographer