I tried the Lensa app, and if you are thinking of giving it a try, please read this:
* The app works with a subscription, but you don't need to subscribe to do the avatars.
* There is a one-time fee for doing the avatars; I chose 100 results for €6.99. I read that if you subscribed, you could have a 50% discount, but I haven't tried it that way.
* My results were divided into Fantasy, Fairy Princess, Focus, Pop, Stylish, Light, Kawaii, Iridescent, and Cosmic. Each variety had ten different options.
* Some images were lovely, but others were too distorted or even without my face.
It is still, as a photographer, fun to see how an app creates these images. Still unreal, but how I love the first one. It is the bow and arrow, but still, pretty nice.
I must confess I like less than 10% of it, but it can also be because of the choices I make for the selfies I introduced to the app. So, my recommendation will be:
* Choose only a close-up portrait with good light.
* Prefer the ones that you are looking straight at the camera.
* Avoid using full-body images or pictures that you have something like headphones. Everything affects the final result.
And have fun!
Until next time,
Joanna, your Amsterdam photographer